To generate zero textile waste. CASACADE is a reverse logistics system designed to avoid, minimize, reintegrate, and manage textile waste in such a way that it does not reach landfills.
- Firstly, the fabric is centralized to control the stock and supply to workshops. Additionally, a transport logistic collects the residual material from the different workshops and takes them to a Scraps Bank where it is classified by color to facilitate its reuse.
- The outsourced workshops are constantly audited to verify the processes and adjust them to minimize the textile waste generated in the cut and confection.
- The creative design area has the challenge to use the scraps in new collections, and along with the pattern’s area, rethink new zero-waste designs.
- Annually, BAOBAB FOUNDATION launches the CASCADE CHALLENGE to promote the use of textile scraps in different areas of design.
- Finally, the scraps that couldn’t be reused by the steps above, are recycled by Fibretex or incineration with Tecnideal. Avoiding their disposition in landfills.
- Design one zero-waste pattern in each collection.
- Design one piece from textile waste in each collection.
- Collect the residual material from the different workshops and take them to a Scraps Bank open for everyone to reuse without cost.
- Launch an annual CASCADE CHALLENGE to promote the use of textile scraps in different areas of design.
- Avoid at all costs the disposition of our textile waste in landfills.
- Share the amount of textile waste generated and its management in the annual sustainability report.